Family

Family

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spencer's "Etiquette" Dinner

Read it ALL for a good laugh I PROMISE!

Ok so "etiquette" by definition should be a wonderful and respectable thing, right? Well Spencer signed us up for his Alpha Kappa Psi dinner. I thought "oh this will be a nice relaxing dinner and we wll have fun." YEAH RIGHT! This dinner was to TEACH etiquette not use it. I about died! We spent the first hour learning how to approach some one, introduce yourself and practice giving out your business card. Hard for me NO...Spencer....IMPOSSIBLE. So the people who brought guests had to introduce them to people. Me (the guest) was NOT supposed to introduce myself. Well if any of you know my husband...we met maybe a handful defiantly not the whole room like we were supposed to. And the WORST part was you had to hold your cup in your left hand the WHOLE time so you could shake with the right. You see it is improper to have a cold or wet hand from your drink, right? OH MY GOSH my left hand was FROZEN. Note to self NO ice for business dinners introductions.
Then DINNER...
GOOD NIGHT! There was this "Etiquette Nazi" teaching us. She would grab your spoon for scooping your soup the wrong way and take your knife for cutting too many pieces at once. WHAT!!!! I thought this was a relaxing dinner NO! I got the spoon taken away and yelled at for cutting my dead cow into too many pieces, "Only 1-3, then you won't eat too fast!" She was RIGHT! SO when you cut your meat YOU are SUPPOSED to have the knife in your right hand and fork flipped over in the left holding the meat. Then you put down the knife and change the fork to the right. GOODNIGHT I JUST WANT TO EAT!!!!! It turned out to be a freaking work out! We were served prime rib and had to cut a PIECE and eat and CUT and so on. I was about to DIE. Come on I almost couldn't finish because I didn't have more calories left IN my body I burned them all trying to EAT! It was too dang funny. Thanks for the dinner BABE! LOL!
All the "victims" Can you see me stuffing my face with my SINGLE piece of meat?
Our table, Spencer was the only guy, AHHHHH!
The happy exhausted couple! Spencer loves me and we had a good time. Look my fork is turned the wrong way, OOOPS!

3 comments:

Matt and Liz said...

lol brandee you're too funny. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. i love you too!

Pancake said...

How fun Brandee!!!! What a nazi, however, I am sure you wont forget the lesson any time soon!

Rose Ann and David said...

Do you remember those etiquette dinners with Uncle Mark and Aunt Kathy for young men and young women's. They at least weren't on military discipline mode. Sounds like you had fun!!