Family

Family

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Teddy Bear Clinic

On Friday my sister and her hubby finally let us watch their kiddos! We had a cool sleepover and I think that Spencer did FANTASTIC handling 4 kids. (Christina and Arik got to run away, Friday was there anniversary, HAPPY 5th!). Anyway we had fun and then Saturday morning we had a soccer game in the rain (our little monsters were NOT interested!). Then we got to go to the Teddy Bear clinic at the Hospital. It is Portneuf's huge PR event annually and the kids LOVED it! You bring your favorite stuffed animal for a "check up" or cause they are "sick" and learn about different things that might happen at the hospital.

First we stood in line for Admissions....Brookelyn brought her pony, Pinkie. Lukas brought Mr. Turtle. MaKynzee brought Hippo (duh) and Kira brought her doggy, Hammy.

In line we had clowns that made balloons so the kids would be entertained. Christina's girls HATED the clowns, too scary. I can understand that (old men in make up, LOL). Lukas and MaKynzee did ok and let me take picture.



Then we had the animals go for a hearing check up...
Kynzee wouldn't let go of Hippo for nothin' (but only in the beginning)

Then we went for "Surgery" and the kids got their blood pressures taken.

Lukas was really into the whole blood pressure thing...And MaKynzee loved the O2 sat monitor that peeped her heart rate.


Lukas the Surgeon! The animals got hats and masks and the kids too. Luaks was the only one I really got a shot of. I love this picture...there is something about his eyes. He was having fun. Mr. Turtle is there in the background on the surgical bed. Christina noticed a whole in Mr. Turtle's throat so I wonder if they did an emergency trach when I wasn't looking, haha.


After surgery we got the animals weighed and measured. Then we went and got a cast cause the animals had a "broken ____" (whatever the kids said).


Lukas would NOT let go of Mr. Turtles hand. I think he remembers getting his and wanted to make sure Mr. Turtle was OK. It was soo cute!


This is my favorite, we had them cast Hammy's tail. I thought it was so funny and cute.

Poor Hippo, MaKynzee ran off so the poor fellow was all alone. When we handed her Hippo, she was like "What happened?"
The whole thing was amazing and lots if fun. The kids learned lots and we had a good time. Thanks to all the VOLUNTEERS!!

2 comments:

amber schmidt said...

SO CUTE!!!!

Denae said...

What a cute idea! I know that my girls would eat that up!

I am glad that things are going well with you!