Family

Family

Sunday, January 18, 2009

GG's Wedding- Introducing Grandpa and Grandma Clough (sounds like Cluff)

This weekend (Roxanne Burgess, Spencer's maternal grandma-got the family history?) GG got married! We were all very excited for her. I had the wonderful opportunity to go shopping with her and Kelly for a wedding dress. It was SO FUN! Earl (new Grandpa Clough) said he didn't care but NO black! Of course everything that we found seemed to be black! But then we found the shirt Grandma is wearing and she fell in LOVE! I must admit it makes her look good and adds pizazz to all the right areas :0) Anyway now we were on a mission to find a matching bottom...yeah right! We ended up at JoAnn's and found a PERFECT matching fabric and she made the skirt. I tell you all this because I think she looks fabulous AND she made it so anyway.....

The wedding shall we say was SHORT but SWEET! Earl was all smiles and GG was cute as can be. She just was so giddy and... well the perfect blushing bride I tell you. After getting everyone settled, the room over flowed with people that love these two! We had the shortest ceremony of my life. Less than 10 minutes after the shindig started they were pronounced man and wife. Now that's the way to do it!


The Groom- Earl but now Grandpa Clough to us! We almost got a full smile out of him!


Roxanne (GG) and Earl
Easy to smile when someone is marryin' ya eh?


Mr and Mrs Earl Clough! Give that bride a KISS!
Yes, I must admit I had GG's camera and missed the kiss the first time so true to my personality and idea of a true fairy tale I shouted, "You got to do that again! I missed it and I have her camera!" The room burst into laughter and the bride and groom leaned in again! This time I think they stayed there a bit longer BUT dang I missed it again! LOL! Spencer got a good shot though!



WOW! look at the family that guy just married! GG's family that came to support.
I don't think I will rattle off names of everyone there but GG had 4 children with spouses, 7 grandchildren (some with spouses and one fiance), 6.5 great-grandchildren and other family and almost family that love her so much! (Now the .5 great grandchild is from Spencer's cousin, we are not announcing anything!)

1 comment:

Denae said...

OH I am still so sad that I couldn't make it. I will have to come up for my own special visit!

I am glad that everything went well.