Family

Family

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spencer Graduates HOORAY!!


Friday was the March Through the Arch graduation ceremony at ISU. We were so proud of Spencer and there was free food afer so we went and it was great.

Our graduate with the tower Bengal balloons of doom.

The Arch

 Our Special Family. We started this ISU journey with MaKynzee as an 11 week old. Now we went from 4 to 5 and MaKynzee is already 5! WOW what a detour we had!
Me and my favorite graduate

After March Through the Arch we went to the college specific graduation at the College of Business. I started to hyperventilate when I looked through the program and couldn't find Spencer's name. Come to find out he forgot to fill out ANOTHER paper for this graduation but they still let him walk :0)

This is Spencer's personal favorite teacher Dr Parker. These two are the funniest pair and a dynamic duo. When Spencer walked by Dr Parker said, "Hey you finally made it!" Much banter between these two in lecture. Sometimes I wonder what the rest of the class was probably thinking.

 Walking through the arch with Lukas and MaKynzee. They are so proud of their Daddy. GO DAD!

We all suffered through a long 3 hour commencement but no one understands that I loved every second because I had to suffer 5 years to get here and scream...that's my husband after his name was called. I am just so proud.

The proud parents. No matter how old you are your parents are always happy to see you accomplish your dreams.

PARTY! We took Spencer to his favorite AppleBee's, then back to the house for a party. This card says "Epic Win!" Spencer is obsessed with a site that is called the FAILBlog.org Anyway there are these posts about idiots doing idiot things. Well after a few fails, we had a serious EPIC WIN! He graduated and we are all too happy! He got a new backpacking tent and Kindle Fire. The $1000 new camera promised 2 semester ago will just have to wait for a job...hehehe.

Of course I made a homemade cake. I thought of dying the frosting black but it seemed a bit um...gross....

Saturday night Spencer and I went for a walk and talked about this chapter in our life. It is probably the hardest chapter to date. We learned alot, grew alot, fought alot, cried alot, were blessed alot, loved alot and we came out on TOP. We can't wait for our new adventure as we wait for a job but we are happy to look out across campus on top near the pillars and waved good-bye to ISU.

3 comments:

amber schmidt said...

Yay! So happy for you!!!

Tabitha said...

CONGRATS!! So happy for you guys. I hope a new job comes through soon! Good luck on the next chapter.

Heather said...

Good job to both of you for hanging in there! I can't believe his name wasn't listed! I would have hyperventilated, too . . .