Family

Family

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A True Mexican Wedding

So some of you know that I have a cousin Tyrel. He happens to be only 3 weeks older than me so growing up Christina (my sister), Tyrel and I were all inseparable. We just stayed close. Well most of you know the name Tyrel because I have been trying for the last 5 years to get this guy married! Well he did! I had NOTHING to do with it. It was all about "chemistry" (she was his chemistry class TA at BYU). Anyway I was SO super excited and had the opportunity to go to the wedding. Now he married Linda a muy bonita, caliente mama from Mexico. She actually just became a citizen in November. GO LINDA! Anyway the festivities were amazing and we had so much fun, that is Bowen and I. It was in Texas and I had some family business I needed to attend to so it worked out perfect!
The "Bachelor" Party-
We waited until 1130pm one night for the bachelor! So we gave presents one night and then went to Red Robin the next night.

Our presents were...and there accompanying notes.
Hot Tamales...To heat things up.
Some "Party Pack" rubbers... To keep things interesting.
KY- To help smooth things along.
"Winter"fresh mints- To cool things down if it gets too hot.
2 Handtowels- Thought you could use a "towel" to dry off after a nice steamy shower. (those towels are half the size of my hand towels, he couldn't stop laughing. Those were his favorite present.)
At Red Robin- Tyrel, Me, My cousin Scott and his wife Sonya


The Wedding DAY
Mr and Mrs Tyrel D. Fitzpatrick- SO in Love


The Fitzpatrick (Bowen) side at the temple

Tyrel and I


Mommy, Bowen, Grandpa Bowen, Grandma Bowen
in front of the temple



Now Spencer and I have a tradition to take our own close up when we go places or do something different. Since my man wasn't there I used my newest little man!
He looks happy huh?
THE PARTY/ Reception
Tyrel kept telling us that this was going to be a true Mexican party/ Wedding reception and BOY was it.
The "band" serenading the bride and groom as dinner was served.

One tradition at a Mexican reception is they play some music while the bride and groom stand on a chair like this...


Now the groom holds up the veil and the guests form two lines...one male and one female. These two lines run around the room going around the tables with the beat and going under the veil as you passed from one side to the other. With the fast beat we were literally running! It was so much fun! I love Mexican weddings!

Cutting the cake..this is one of my most favorite pictures! Just so dang happy!

While we were down there I got to see my family including my two nieces and nephew who are so dang cute, I couldn't leave them out.
The trip was draining from the real reason I went down...family business but it was good to have a break with the wedding and we also went to an arcade/pizza place one night. It was fun, fast and hard! I love my family! I hope that we can just be happy, we are together for eternity ya know.

No comments: