Family

Family

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oh, sweet Daisy.

So our cute little teddy bear hamster died. She has been going for a while. I noticed because when I cleaned her cage the running wheel wasn't being used and when I put her in her ball she just sat there. Right before I left for Texas I noticed she had a limp and wasn't eating much. I have made it a habit to say goodnight and check on her. I said good night to her Friday night and then Saturday morning she was gone. I was really shocked with the kids reaction. I sat them down in a circle and told them Daisy went to heaven. MaKynzee burst into full force tears with heaving screaming sobs. Lukas looked lost and started to cry. I guess I didn't think it would hurt them that bad. It was so sad. I started to cry too, for my kids and for her. We made her a special box as a family and then said nice things about her. Lukas really wanted to write her a note, he said through tears "Sorry Daisy, your dead." Spencer and I only smiled and I wrote the note. We all signed it.


Lukas painted the bottom and walls and put the daisies in for a pillow. MaKynzee put stickers around the sides and added this cute little heart right on top of her. Lukas wanted to add food so she would have it when she was resurrected. It was amazing how much they understand about death, life and the resurrection.

Then Spencer closed the box and took her away the kids just kept crying...actually we all were even Daddy. I don't know why but it seemed to make us stronger as a family, I just felt so close as our little family said good-bye, such love and understanding. MaKynzee will start crying out of the blue every now and then and say she misses Daisy. I miss her too.

SWEET DAISY-WE LOVE YOU!
Lukas and MaKynzee hope you have a lot of cheese in heaven
(Daisy's favorite food was this cheese shaped/flavored snack)

No comments: