Family

Family

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Never a DULL moment!!!

We went to our friends baby blessing today. It was the sweetest blessing I have heard in a long time. It was fantastic and the sacrament meeting was on gratitude and it was perfect. Then comes lunch afterward....
First let me mention that I believe Lukas is 99% Bowen and 1% Bagshaw- I mean the kid has put his tooth through his lip three times, head glued once and probably should have been twice, broke his leg and well the poor kid is just chuck full of Bowen genes!! For those who don't know growing up a Bowen was like having a bulls eye on your back, one of us was always injured some how- some where and I am sure my mom had a first name basis with the ER. Anyway so Lukas inherited the bull's eye. So today Lukas and I walk to the front of the house which was locked so we turned around. Lukas had his hands in his pockets and totally biffed it! I mean bad! I heard a crack when he hit and there was blood everywhere. His tie was totally covered and by the time I could get him inside my hand was full of blood. I totally freaked with the two holes in his bottom lip but then really freaked cause he kept bleeding and I couldn't find where from. Anyway I lifted up his top lid and his gums were a gray color and bleeding. He tore the frenulum and knocked three teeth loose and chipped two. Here is the damage...
Got love that LIP, I felt bad cause I kept scrubbing his chin to get the blood off but it was a scrape...sorry Buddy!!
Where the teeth went through...these were gaping holes and I am so excited with how much they have closed already.
The top gum, you can see the discoloration. His front two teeth and the one on the left of them is loose but the Dentist said he won't loose them and they will get firm again in TWO weeks! TWO freakin' weeks!!! Dr says soft foods for TWO weeks! Good thing he likes pancakes :0)
Yeah so there is a dentist in our friend's ward so we ran Lukas across the street and because the teeth were loose he wanted to do an xray and make sure nothing was fractured. So we went to his office- insanely nice man bytheway- Dr Curtis Godfrey- totally recommended- anyway Lukas has never been to the dentist so with some fighting we got xrays and everything is ok. His permanent teeth were not damaged so we were relieved. Like I said 99% Bowen. We sure know how to have fun in this family!!!
Not to leave MaKynzee out she has been wearing her tiara since Halloween. One night she even wore it to bed. So I took a picture of our very own Sleeping Beauty. She is growing way to fast!!!

5 comments:

Matt and Liz said...

oh my goodness, ouch! poor little guy. btw your little girl so cute with her tiara.

celeste'sblog said...

Oh Lukas buddy! Poor little guy. Get better soon!!!

amber schmidt said...

Poor lukey!! He is accident prone huh? Give them both hugs form me!!

Megan said...

Poor guy! Hope he feels better - it looks like it really hurts! Love the picture of MaKynzee - she is so beautiful! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Shelly said...

OUCH!!! Poor Lukas... get well buddy. <3