Family

Family

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Bagshaw Style 2009

So I have not stopped one of my FAVORITE traditions...making the kids costumes. This year was the funnest and hardest! MaKynzee's fabric choice and I were not getting along so don't look to close. But I had a BLAST making Lukas- Lightning McQueen! I told MaKynzee no more princesses, this year she was Belle- Beauty and the Beast. She was so dang cute. I got my favorite red heads, my nieces Brookelyn and Kira on Thursday so we got to enjoy the festivities with them until Brookelyn spiked a fever and I took her home, with Kira soon to follow. Dang the winter!!!
Anyway we celebrated on Friday by going to the Ward Carnival and then ran down to Soda Springs for Dad Bagshaw's birthday (that is becoming a tradition too it seems). We had a blast and I was SAVED by a best friend Kendra who willing came to the ward party with me for support. Thanks girlie!!


Lukas celebrated Halloween week it seems with Preschool celebrations on Wednesday! His teacher is so awesome, she was a genie.



The complete and finished costumes.... DUN DUN DUN....

Presenting...Lightning McQueen!!

I made a car racer outfit and then made Lightning out of a card board box.



Me showing off my McQueen, I was SO happy with the way it turned out I have to brag a little!



My Princess Belle

The sewing machine ate her neckline but other than that I think it is ok. MaKynzee loved it and wouldn't take it off.


The Gang before Ward Carnival- It was fun getting all four ready by myself. I think they turned out C-U-T-E!




The kiddos Trunk or Treating in Soda. It wasn't that cold it was nice.



So now we are all sick...yep thank you very much. Spencer has bounced back with his cough that will last 3 months, Lukas blows green every time he sneezes, MaKynzee can't seem to keep her temp down, she is the worst and poor little thing looks like a ghost. I thought I had escaped but now I am beginning to feel pain in my chest and have a tickle in my throat! Heaven help us all!! We love everyone's costumes!!!

8 comments:

brittna said...

BRANDEE!!! those costumes are amazing - and so are you! sheesh...how will i ever compete?! haha

Matt and Liz said...

wow brandee you did an awesome job! your kids look so cute!

MAH said...

Wow! You are amazing. Maybe one day I will attempt making costumes, but that also requires a sewing machine that I do not own. Hmm.. time shall tell. Looks like a great time was had!

Team Jogan said...

that lightning mcqueen was AWESOME!!!

Diana said...

Oh my goodness! That Lightning McQueen is just adorable! Xander would LOVE it! I'm VERY impressed! You did a wonderful job on their costumes. I could of warned you about the Belle costume as Laira was Belle a few years ago and I made the mistake of saying I would make her costume. She loved it so it was all good. But yeah...it's complex! You did fabulous.

Tabitha said...

Love the homemade costumes!!! We do the same thing at our house...adds more fun to Halloween. Hope you all feel better soon.

Rose Ann and David said...

Brandee you are so talented. Love the costumes. Can we borrow Lightning for next year I'm sure Alex will finally be big enough if not maybe the next year then. Hope everyone gets better soon. Love Ya!!

amber schmidt said...

great job on the costumes brandee! Cole woudl be way jealous of mcqueen... he is obsessed.