Family

Family

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Potty Training NIGHTMARE!!

So we have been trying to Potty Train FOREVER! Lukas just has the personality that he doesn't care. We have tried everything...naked, going to "Big boy" underwear, let him pick out the underwear, keep him in his wet clothes, make him clean up the mess, make him sit on the toilet all day, give him treats. Right Treats HAHA... we have tried cars, movies, candy, cookies and sticker chart and I could go on an on. We have been bombarded with ..."Why isn't he potty trained?" and "He is almost 4 ya know?" Yeah I know he came out of ME! Anyway sorry I have spent too many tears on this. So I decided there are two things that Lukas hates 1."Baby" Diapers (MaKynzee's diapers) and 2. Pink or Girl clothes. So I reached my limit last night and here is what I came up with after he had his like 6th accident plus pooping in his underwear that DAY, just one day.



Yes, that is Lukas in Girl PJ's (yes they are too small but at this point I didn't care) and underneath that a good old fashion diaper! He was REALLY mad to say the least so I am hopeful :)


Sorry son if you are scared for life, you have NO IDEA what this is doing to your mother!!!!
Now I know there are those of you who love me and would LOVE to give me good advice and I would LOVE to hear it just no stories where "We did this and he never had another accident!" Be real and trust me I am at my end with this! Sorry for the horrible tone coming across but I believe I am a good (I sure hope anyway) mom and I am doing my best and I am sick of crying over this and having so many people belittle me over it. There I have vented and you can all forgive me now...PLEASE.
Check out the other blog I posted below!

10 comments:

amber schmidt said...

Sorry girlie! I hate potty training too! Landon still has a few accidents a week. I think I will wait to do Cole until he asks for it! haha

Tabitha said...

I love it...pink pj's may be the way to go. I have hit my breaking point many a time with sweet little Haylie too (what is it about kids that lets them know how to push your buttons from day one?). Haylie hated baby diapers too but would get too "busy" to use the toilet and oops. So I would threaten her with Paige's baby diapers if it happened again and there were tears and apologies after the next accident but sorry baby diapers it was and it was the thing that worked the best. So hopefully this worked for you...I feel your pain:)

Rose Ann and David said...

Don't give up! Brandee you ARE A GREAT MOM!!! There are just those special spirits that we get blessed with for children that help us with our trials along the way. I wouldn't have thought of the baby diapers and pink PJ's way to go! Let me know if it works!! Love Ya!!! See ya soon!!

MAH said...

Hear, Hear... I might have to try that with Zach! We aren't having any luck with him either, and have tried about everything you have. Glad I am not the only who gets frustrated with Potty training!

Your camping trip looks like it was a lot of fun. Love the pictures!

Alicia said...

Only those who have miracle or don't have children think potty training is easy. He'll get it adventually. I think every mom feels the same way at some point in potty training.

Diana said...

Every child is different and you just have to find what works. From the look on his face...you may have found it! hee hee hee. I wish you well, and from the sounds of it, you really have tried everything!

Good Luck...and remember...this too will pass!

Matt and Liz said...

i'm having a hard time with travis and potty training. i know it can be very frustrating!! but like everyone has said everyone is different and they'll figure it out one way or another. don't get down on yourself your a great mommy!! good luck i'm in the same boat so wish me luck too!!

ashycam said...

I don't think anyone should be little you for that. He will potty train when he is ready, and if he isn't ready, he won't put forth the effort. Give him a few weeks or a month and maybe attempt again. Hang in there. Potty training is hard.

The Lane Family said...

Brandee, I do not know if you remember us the Lane's we had the twin girls and then moved to Twin Falls and now live in Virginia and my husband works for the U.S. Senate handling computer security. I found your blog through Kendra's and I always thought you guys were a neat family and had such cute kids. My son Aidan is the same age and we are struggling with potty training as well. I do not have any great ideas I am still working through it with Aidan but it is nice to know I am not the only one!!! If you would like to see our blog just send me your e-mail to wendelton@gmail.com and I will let you have access. GOOD LUCK!!

Ryan and Heather Achatz said...

Ha, ha. I won't tell you when or how to potty train - partly because I don't have a clue about it - but mostly because I don't like people telling ME when to have kids and how they did it with zero money and bla bla bla . . . I think I might be taking on your "tone." But it feels good, huh? :)