Family

Family

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend Excitement

WARNING: This is a LONG blog but I mushed everything together from the weekend so PLEASE enjoy and read it ALL or just look at this pictures...


So I was SO SUPER excited to see my family. They came to get Garrett from college and hung around for some fun. We started off the weekend with a soccer practice, then ran to Soda to stay the night and have Arik's fabulous dutch oven. Then we woke up came back to Pocatello had a soccer game, ran to SLC for my Dad's 50th birthday party, played games. Went to bed, the Easter bunny came, woke up explored the Easter baskets, went to church, played games, took family pictures, had a Easter ham dinner (thanks Grandma!), played games, did an Easter egg hunt, played games...and went back home. WHEW!! It was a whirl wind of a weekend but a BLAST. We had so much fun and got to see family we haven't seen and friends, Ian and Mandy Walser: we haven't seen for 4-5 YEARS! It was GREAT!

So Dad's Birthday Party was a joint one with his brother, John. Dad is turning 50 and John is turning 40 so we had all the family celebrate! This is my dad with his sisters Debra and Julie and brother John. It was great to see everyone and we missed those that wanted to come but couldn't!


I was in charge of decorations. It was fun. I had black, silver and white balloons everywhere and I thought that tombstones were VERY appropriate for the occasion. I did my Dad's first so that is why the "D" is so... "special" but I knew he would love me no matter what it looked like. Right, Dad!


Dad with our (Christina's and I's) high school friends Ian and Mandy Walser! It was so nice to see them and there cutie pie. I wish we had more time but it was SO nice of them to come down, they are at BYU right now.



EASTER


Lukas and his Easter basket...he liked the Jorgensen's baskets better (what can you do?).

MaKynzee and her basket..she was REALLY into the chocolate (her Grandma Bagshaw would be proud!)

The kids after church in their new Easter church clothes. Thanks Grandma and Papa Bowen!


We took family pictures of our little Easter crew, we missed Melanie and her kids they had to fly home earlier that morning! Dang work, it always gets in the way of being with family!

THEN there was an EGG HUNT
Christina and Arik helping the kids. It was SO much fun to see all of them huntin'.

This is how all the eggs were hidden, plain view (it's best for 2-3.5 year olds). LOL

MaKynzee loading up her basket with help from Grandma Bowen!

Lukas had a blast, he kept saying "Look mommy more. I'll get em you just stay there." Yes, Mr. Independent. It was such fun and we really enjoyed seeing the sun even if it was freezing and there was lots of wind. The kiddos didn't care.

We had a most fabulous weekend. Thanks to Christina and Aunt Lisa for putting the party together. Thanks to Mom and Dad Bowen for spoiling us so good. Thanks to Mandy and Ian for coming and visiting. Just THANKS to my Father in Heaven for all my wonderful blessings...each and every one of YOU!

4 comments:

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

Ashley Cammack! I want to be able to see your blog too! Email me so we can be in touch...

brandee.yellowdaisies@gmail.com

brittna said...

man Easter is so much more fun with little kiddies. it was good to see you guys - even though it was only for a second!

Jackie said...

Cute kiddos! Looks like easter was full of fun! It's so fun watching the kids get so excited!

Rose Ann and David said...

We miss you! Wish we were there again already. Love Ya!