Family

Family

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Adventures Part 2: Hovenweep, Natl Bridges and Canyonlands

Day 3: Hovenweep

Now Hovenweep is really on the boarder of Utah and Colorado and so I am sure we kept going back and forth but the National Park is on and Indian Reservation so there were no signs. Except the ones that told us we were not welcome and this was not a "cross country road." The Ruins were AMAZING, we felt so close to the Book of Mormon stories and it all came alive for us. Lukas called the ruins "Castles" and was very intrigued by them. MaKynzee only had one goal in mind and that was to catch up to the dog that was in front of us. It was pretty cute and nice cause it made her walk fast and keep up.

NIGHT of TERROR in the LOU
So I got really sick and ended up in the pit toilet for like 4 hours...in, out, in out! It was awful! SO I just had those really bad tummy cramps and then the runs. I woke everybody up running back and forth to the bathroom. I thought I was going to die! I almost took my pillow and just slept in there...it was that BAD! So that is why the Bagshaw adventures ended a little early, we only got to see part of Canyonlands.

Day 4: Canyonlands and Newspaper Rock

The Newspaper Rock was a big hit for us. It was so amazing to see all those drawing and I am really into petroglyph so I was totally stoked. Canyonlands were beautiful! We didn't get to the northern part but we did see the Needles part. The "Needles" or these really tall rock formations were our favorite. Spencer loved the off road trail with all the scenery. He loves off roading but hates that I limit his adventures with my car sickness. Oh well! I must admit I enjoyed the road to. The things we got to see were just AHHHH.


Sorry I couldn't get the pictures to load. I'll try tomorrow.

No comments: