Family

Family

Monday, August 25, 2008

Ward Camp Out: Bring It ON

WOW! We took Kynzee on her first camp out. It was just an over nighter but that was all I could handle right now any way. It was our ward's annual camp out and it was only about 3 miles away from home which made everything highly convenient. MaKynzee really enjoyed the open spaces and we had a hard time keeping tabs on her and Lukas was hard too but he had his shoes with lights so the little red flashes we saw every where were him. The highlight was smores of course. It is my favorite part of the whole thing, gooey chocolate mess who can resist? Our Bishop is quite the mountain man and Spencer and him have started a weekly hike together which I find to be rather good therapy for the Spencer. So this little outing was exactly what our family needed before school started but there is one thing I have to kind of vent about. Okay so when you go camping there are tents and mountains and fresh air and animals and just the good ol outdoors. But now in 2008 there are....















DVD PLAYERS????? I about died when I brought the kids out of the tent and while waiting for breakfast they had the kids watching Robin Hood. Dang camping has changed!!






Lukas showing off his... shall we say "burnt" charco-mallow. Kynzee enjoying her smores, she ate her marshmallows and then her cookies. They both really enjoyed being outside, going to bed was an adventure too but we had fun!



6 comments:

Denae said...

I haven't been camping for ages! We need to plan a family reunion or camping thing.

It looks like you guys had a great time!

love you and miss you all!

The Ross Family said...

I love Kynzee's hair!! She such a cutie!

Tabitha said...

We just bought one of those portable DVD players for the our cross country trip and I must say it was a LIFESAVER on the airplane...couldn't have traveled from CA to NC by myself with the kids without it. Not something I would think about for a camping trip though. Glad that you had a good time. It sure was fun to see you guys when we were in ID. Keep in touch!!!

celeste'sblog said...

Brandee!!! This is your long lost, very bad, no good, terrible friend, Celeste. It's been way too long, and I think it's my turn to call you, but, because I'm such a terrible person, I haven't. We need to get caught up. I just created my blog yesterday. For this very purpose. Keeping in touch with people. I miss you. You're kids have gotten HUGE!!!! I love you lots dearie!

http://celeste-blog.blogspot.com/

Celeste

MnM said...

Looks like lots of fun. Wow, DVD players at camp? That's just crazy. Lovin' your blog. -Mary Hellstrom

amy said...

looks like you guys had fun! we NEED to get together someday soon and have a play day! it'll be soo fun! i love you brandee!! miss you lots!