Family

Family

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mighty Bagshaw Boys

My two little Bagshaw boys are AMAZING!


First lets talk about Lukas and his MIGHTY miracle...


So back in October I noticed that Lukas said Uh? and What? ALOT! It was driving his mother crazy and at first I was like oh, great we are starting this already? Then I really started to worry about his hearing because sometimes he would turn his head to one side to hear you or when he was lying on one side and sleeping I couldn't wake him up. Well I talked to the audiologist that works at the hospital and she said to have the school retest his hearing. They did and all was well. So we continued to have Uh? and What? moments and I would yell at the poor kid to look at me if he can't hear. Well about 2 weeks ago he spent an entire night on our bedroom floor crying that his ear hurt and his throat was dry. The next day we found he had a raging ear infection in the left ear and in the right... The PA was like "there is something there and I would like a second opinion." She got another Dr to come look. He agreed that there was some kind of "growth" that needed to be removed. They called it an ear polyp and said that we needed to see an ENT asap so that he didn't have further hearing loss. AHHHHHHHHH, freak out!

So yesterday we had the appointment with the ENT. He look in the ear and within seconds was like "Yep that's a foreign body." Now if I wasn't in the medical field I would have jumped up and started really freakin' out but instead I sat calmly and FREAKED OUT! You are looking in my kids ear and say foreign body. Great, that just means "not of the body"...so what the heck is it!? Well the Dr said it's a...BEAD or pearl. A what? How? When? Is he ok? So the Dr tried with these really scary tools to remove it but he kept pushing it away and spinning it and said he didn't want to cause any damage so it needs to be surgically removed. WHAT! A freakin' bead?? Now when I thought it was some sort of growth I told Spencer if he has to have surgery and go "under" then I want them to yank his tonsils and adenoids too! So after the ear he said he wanted to check out Lukas tonsils too because in 2009 he was having a hard time breathing at night and snores like a banshee! Well he still does! Anyway he looks in his mouth and says, "Wow Buddy your right tonsil is twice as big as the left." He asked me a couple questions and well...surgery here we come!

The story isn't over yet...


Daddy gets home and we talk about it. I am worried but I really just want to see if I can see the dang thing. So with a flashlight and Spencer holding Lukas I look in and I can see it! It is probably a good inch and a half down and now I am sure I know what it is. It is the little white puff beads from a Lightning McQueen couch. I am really mad now, at the Dr they gave us a $416 dollar quote to remove this freakin' thing. Spencer can see it too and so we talk about what the Dr tried. Spencer gives me this look and says, "What if we put super glue on the end of a tooth pick and it would just bond to it and pull right out." Right, lets jab another freaking sharp thing and push it father in. PERMANENT DAMAGE remember? Well then I come up with a bright idea, super glue on the end of a q-tip! That is soft and not damaging. I tell Spencer we will try it once and then leave it to the professionals! Well here we have it...


It came out SUPER easy and Lukas hardly moved! I was so worried but HOORAY! Lukas was like WOW, I can hear! I was so excited and just couldn't stop telling Spencer thank you. I mean we just performed a $400 surgery in the bathroom! Anyway I do NOT recommend this to anyone, have the professionals take care of it. Do not try this at home! LOL. Lukas is kinda bummed because we are still going to have the T&A surgery next Wednesday the 22nd. Spencer and I think all of this, the bead in the ear, was to get us back to the ENT about Lukas tonsils, they are twice the size they should be and the right is growing twice as big as the left. Anyway we are grateful for all our blessings and again for my medical background. Who knew I was a surgeon!



My Boys..

Now that Bowen is walking like crazy he thinks he is "big" like his brother. He tries to do exactly what his brother is doing...cute huh!


Our Mighty Walker

Bowen finally figured it out. He is so please with himself but now that he is higher all the time he is getting into a lot more...


MaKynzee is NO help. She watches him make the mess and laughs with him and then something all of the sudden "dings" and she comes to get me, a little too late! Mommy is moving everything higher and baby proofing for the next stage in toddlerhood.


This is Bowen, his favorite thing is to walk around with as many binkies as he can find. He is just so dang cute! Really you need 3! Well if they help you walk...LOL!




SO the Bagshaw life is crazy as ever. We are enjoying every minute and trying to catch the blessings in between the chaos! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We love you all!

1 comment:

brittna said...

crazy!! good job hahhaa