Family

Family

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Joys 2011

This Christmas we had a great time! I was a little over ambitious with our parent gifts and lost half of the other presents but hey Santa was really busy this year.


So I don't know what possessed me but I came up with this idea all on my own. I decided to quilt our parents temple (everyone keeps asking but NO, I did not use a pattern I made my own) and then add the grandkids hand prints as "flowers" on the bottom because temples are always surrounded by flowers...

Spencer's parents were sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple.




My parents were sealed in the Oakland Temple. I am sad that you can not see the detail. As you might know the temple has Jesus and his disciples on the front, well I hand stitched each one. You can't see it but it is there. It was Christmas morning and no one waned to be in the picture :(


We celebrated Christmas Eve with caroling to nursing homes with a family in my sister's ward, it was the first time I felt the Christmas spirit and just basked in it. It was good to do some service with the kids to celebrate. Then ...Tradition! We acted out the Nativity. Did Baby Jesus have bottles??



Hanging our stockings by the "chimney"


Christmas morning was full of LOTS of JOY! All the adults woke up before the kids. Dang, that won't happen again. We were awake for a good hour or two and then finally woke up the kids, we did have to get to church at 11:00. The best Christmas gift was being with family. Christmas morning Santa brought the kids...

Bowen...

A rocking horse and clothes. He loved the horse can you tell.

MaKynzee...

A Princess vanity and more mini princess dolls to replace all the ones that have been beheaded or lost their hair, LOL.

Lukas...

His very own computer complete with desk, he is becoming more and more his dad every day! And a remote helicopter.

Then when the excitement was just at its peak we went to church to celebrate in the TRUE meaning of Christmas. The grandkids in their Christmas dress clothes.

2 comments:

MAH said...

Those quilts are AWESOME! A job well done Brandee!

Trista said...

Those Quilts are amazing! A lot of hard work and thought went into those gifts. They look fabulous, (for the record...I don't know what possessed you either).