Family

Family

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

San Diego Here Comes MOMMA

So my parents, my sister and her husband and me hopped in a car Christmas night and began our travels to my cousin's wedding in SUNNY San Diego. We just went to Lehi, Ut Christmas night and then we took another 12 hour drive to San Diego. The drive wasn't too bad there, we had lots of Christmas movies to watch. We arrived, checked in, pampered ourselves and then went to a dinner for family of the wedding party. The Groom, Spencer (my cousin) being from all around the US (due to military family, my uncle is a Colonel in the Air Force, yah I'm braggin') had a wonderful 10 attendees, we doubled the group! Well the dinner was on the freakin' Pacific Ocean! The restaurant is called Ruby's and it is a quarter mile walk on a bridge to get out to it. It was AWESOME...









The "favorites" table.










(R to L) Bryonna (cousin/ sister of the groom), Me, Krystal (cousin/sister), Arik and Christina.










After dinner Bryonna and I walked along the beach bare foot. It was AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL and some serious therapy!






Ok, just the majesty of this building is unreal! I felt so overwhelmed by the spirit and a knowledge that families are truly for all eternity. It takes work but this reminded me that it is all worth it!





The sweet and ever so in LOVE Mr and Mrs Bowen.















Me with the lovely couple. I was SO glad that I could go! Congrats guys, I LOVE YOU!











My favorite man at these Bowen gatherings! My Uncle Alan, he is just flat out AMAZING and every time I see him I love him so much more! He has never aged a DAY! I want to be just like him, I love his smile and laugh.







Just an amazing place to be with your favorite uncle!









One thing that I have noticed missing in my life is my own devotion and drive to make it to eternity. So this was some serious WAKE UP and smell the roses. I realized that no matter what happens in this life I want to be standing on the other side with my Savior smiling arms out wide saying, "Thou good and faithful servant." With my Father and Mother in Heaven there looking on to welcome me HOME. The only way to make it there is to make some serious changes and be more focused on my Savior and I am ready!





1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Your little getaway looked so fun! Ruby's is my friends favorite and the ocean is TOTALLY theraputic...one my main goals in life is to live as close as possible to it. BTW I LOVE your quilts. So cute, they must have taken you forever!