Family

Family

Saturday, October 9, 2010

We are the CHAMPIONS my friends....

Ok so we have to brag a little bit. My really fabulous friend called about a month maybe a little more ago and asked, "What do you think of a Pinewood Derby for the Sept ward activity?" Hey I was excited and I knew I had a little boy who LOVES to play with cars and a big boy who would die for the chance to show off his master skills. I responded, "Heck ya! That would be awesome. We have so many little and "big" boys that would LOVE this. Were in." Well she got a little bit of gruff but the activity went on as planned. They had two work nights, the first we showed up a good hour and half late to and the second one we were in the hospital. So I was pretty bummed but thank you BEDREST... we got it all done.
...
Daddy and Lukas sanding "The Bat Mobile"
The "Bat Mobile" actually started as the Speed Racer car but then when it got down to painting Lukas saw the Bat Mobile and liked it much better, "it's cooler."
...
The kids painting our cheese wedge car- "The Whizz"
I wanted this to be a family project and we did really good making sure everybody helped.
...
Our "gloss" finish...
...
...
October 8, 2010: The night of the races...
I got permission to go and SIT! Which I think I did pretty good. Our friends the Hinton's really out did themselves with this activity. All the fans lined up for the first races...
...
The Bat Mobile ready to go...
...
Lukas watching it cross the finish line!

...
Unfortunately I put too much hot glue with the weights in the bottom of the car. Spencer quickly remedied the situation, Thanks Dad! The Bat Mobile soared after that and ended in 8th place overall!
...
THE CHAMPION LINE UP... The Whizz had only lost one race by coming in second and was now in the FINAL. It all came down to this...
...
THE CHAMPION....THE WHIZZ
With a time of 2.987!
Daddy couldn't help but grin and I think deep down he was proud when everyone asked him what his trick was. His reply, "Don't spend too much time on it." That's my man! Simple and yet so calculated!
...
The Co-Owners of The Bat Mobile
Mommy and Lukas

...
The Co-Owners of The WHIZZ
Daddy and MaKynzee
...
The Champion- THE WHIZZ
Really we want to THANK the Hinton's for an amazing night and for pushing through with such an amazing idea. Everybody had a blast!

2 comments:

Team Jogan said...

it was awesome :D

christy said...

i'm glad you loved it! if i'm still on next year we're gonna do it again!