Family

Family

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Healing Body and Mind

Well I haven't really written anything about my health because I was so unsure about it myself and so I would like to let everyone know, I AM OK. I have struggled since April with being tired and weak and then it peaked about mid July. I continued to get weaker and weaker and then I had a mini stroke or seizure I don't think they really know. I was diagnosed with Mono and the eventually West Nile. My fingers and toes started going numb and tingly but now it has crawled up my legs and arms. I was not doing very well. I eventually had to give in to my sister and my parents request to let them take my kids. So they have been having fun in Texas for the last two and a half weeks and it has almost killed me in spirit but physically I have finally got the rest I need! I believe that I am finally reaching the end of all the viruses attacking my body, being able to sleep and get all the rest I was supposed to be getting is letting my body heal.


I have had several blessings and am so very grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the priesthood power here on the earth. I was promised in all of my blessings that this would be a long hall but I had something I needed to learn. I was also blessed with the strength to continue to work. It is such a miracle because I feel like I am about to crash but at work I am fine and then I get home and blahhh. I know the Lord is watching out for me. Sometimes the Lord needs us to be stronger and this must be the only way I will learn something and I can do it. Recently I watched the Time Out for Sisters and one talked about Molly Brown and said when you are down just scream, "I'M NOT DOWN! AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PUT ME DOWN!" Some battles are hard but hey I say, "I'M NOT DOWN! DANG YOU, I"M NOT DOWN, I'M UP!" I know the Lord wants me to learn something. I think it is as I struggle in other areas I can recall this (almost going on 7 month) ordeal and remember that he picked me up where I could not step farther... through several angels both on earth and in heaven.


I also want to thank my family and friends that have given me the light in the dark, the sprinkles on my cup cake and the "daisy in the snow!" I just can't express enough thanks for those who forced me to rest, loved me up and wiped my forehead and covered me up and well everything. A few people sent me cards and I got flowers....I know pick up your jaw (they were not from my husband!!) I wanted to show you the cards they were awesome.




The inside of the card says....


Good things pop up... sometimes when you least expect it!


I got this card from the funniest, greatest Californians I know....




All ya' all "I"M NOT DOWN....I"M UP" I Love you ALL!

8 comments:

Pancake said...

Hey bRANDEE! i DIDNT know you have been sick!! I am glad you are feeling better... i hope each day brings continued improvement!

Tabitha said...

Brandee I feel so bad that you have been so sick. I thought I should call you the other week but I never did becuase I feel like a dork calling out of the blue (its been how long since we've talked on the phone?) but now I feel totally stupid. And Phil's been talking to Spencer so much and he never said anything. I hope you are better soon and you can get your babies back:(

amber schmidt said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better! And I hope that Spencer is pampering you while the kids are away... If not- SPENCER! GET ON IT!!!

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

Thanks everyone. I love you all. One day at a time!

Matt and Liz said...

glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. hope it only continues!

brittna said...

hey brandee - i'm so gald you're doing ok. i only heard bits and pieces of what was going on and i'm glad that you set the record straight- with me anyways. K love you! -Britt

Teresa said...

Hey crazy girl!! I linked you to my blog!!!!

Ryan and Heather Achatz said...

Hey B4! Love ya lots, and I'm glad you are doing better! Being sick is the lamest! You're right about how the Lord teaches us through adversity. General Conference was a-mazing today; it seemed like EVERYTHING was about getting through challenging times with faith. Anyway, love you, love your blog, love your kids, and miss you all!