Family

Family

Friday, September 18, 2015

Bringing Back Blogging

So as a recent development...i.e. a family directory I was asked to put the family blog down if I had one and since I have not posted in the last....well forever I decided I really needed to update and keep this update as eventually I would love to turn all these posts into some sort of journal. So here I go with a little update on each person...

Spencer is slaving away at a job that he LOVES! (sucha blessing to do something you love!) He has been with the school district 3 years and loving every minute. He is being a "Sponsor" i.e. adult leader for the East high school ROTC division with Cyber Patriot. He teaches them about servers and cyber security. He loves the challenge and this year there are no returning peeps, so he is in for some hard, smack the forehead, days. He is serving as the Executive Secretary in our ward but that changes Sunday...

Brandee is having to deal with the daily challenges of keeping a house of 6 afloat and enjoying the world of Labor and Delivery. I love the challenge it brings. I love being at home but I love my "mommy" time as a nurse too. With Keelee turning one we are going to be taking a hard look at my health and the appropriate action to get checked out. Right now I am in good spirits and finding a balance with my meds so that is good. I just recently got called to serve as the Primary President in our ward. It comes with so many blessings and as my sister said I "belong" in Primary.


Lukas keeps us on our toes. The kid is a brainiac! He loves to read and I can't find a book he hasn't been able to bust in 3 days. He loves learning through reading and can't wait for this years science fair. He is certainly more active than in the past as he is in flag football with the school, rec. soccer, and has joined orchestra playing the bass...yes it is bigger than him but we love to watch him play. He loves it because it is the biggest thing and it has such a low sound. He is also very active in our cub scouts and is already half way through his Webelos.
MaKynzee is our pretty princess with a slight clutz disclaimer, She recently got as excited about books as the rest of us and loves reading about ponies and princesses. She still loves imagination play and dress ups. She is an author like her Aunt Melanie and hoards papers every where. She is such a big helper and everyone in the family begs for her attention and she so graciously allows us in her presence. I have tried really hard to instill that she is a Princess and a daughter of a King and she lives it!

Bowen is Mr. Minion/ Tazmanian Devil. People ask me all the time if he ever stops moving and the answer is NO! I think the kid runs in his sleep. the best thing about Bowen is he is almost always happy. He definantley has a Mr Grumpy face every now and then but he loves to give kisses and cheer everyone up!  He started preschool this year through the school district and I am happy to report he LOVES it, I LOVE it.

Keelee is our little porcelain doll.She turned ONE today. I can't believe she is here. She came in a dream almost 9 years ago and now she has completed our family. She has the cutest 8 tooth grin. I totally love her little personality. She does perfectly fine as long as she can see us. If we leave a room she gets fussy but when we come back she stops. She walks along walls, chairs, couches and coffee table but hasn't taken that first step yet. i am trying to soak up every ounce of baby hood. She is such a joy and we love that her blue eyes stayed!

1 comment:

alisha.p.bowen said...

Haha, I'm glad I could inspire you to give everyone an update!