Family

Family

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Denver Aquarium: First Field Trip with Mom!

Ok, so we went on a just short of 2 hr bus ride one way to Denver to the Aquarium! I was so excited as this is my first adventure as a chaperon with one of my kids at a school field trip. I was soooo happy to go! Lukas was over the moon too!

We got there and had an hour lesson on habitats, mainly the tide-pool habitats. The instructor Matt needed a little more hot coco or something but over all it was great.

Then we went exploring. I was incharge of a group of 4. Lukas, another boy and two girls. They were super cute! This is them across from the Tiger ( I know a tiger in an aquarium, right? well...)

Pretty cool eh? Tiger

Then we got to this turtle and Lukas said, "Come here, Come here." Moving his hands towards his body, the turtle was not too far away in the corner and by some SERIOUS turtle power within the kid Lukas got it to come. I am NOT kidding. It was crazy and he was SO excited!!! He kept saying it like him and we should take him home. Right?



Sweeeet! Right?!

The kiddos having fun: apparently Lukas is a ladies man. They were chasing him all over!

I am sure the highlight was petting the stingrays at the end...they were extremely slimy feeling! 
 

 Then we got to feed them...here is Lukas just after the ray got  his fish! The sting ray kept slapping the sides like it wanted to go home with us but I am sure it was the FISH! Lukas was not convinced and wanted to bring them home! You are supposed to make a fist and have the fish hanging from inbetween your fingers. When the sting ray comes to grab it you release your fist...I did it right and kept my hand down and mine felt like a super suction on my fist. The instructor said some like to suck hard to get their prey and some bite. two kids got "bitten" but no blood draw! It was awesome!!!

No comments: