Family

Family

Friday, September 3, 2010

Oh tears....our baby went to kindergarten

Today, Friday was our first day of school.
Getting ready to go...our new school clothes. I can't believe how grown up he looks.


Ready to walk to school...I love his smile!

Walking to school...daddy wanted pictures- play by play.


Finally arrived...Greenacres Elementary!


Lukas meeting his teacher, Mrs Angle.




The moment I was waiting for...I knew it couldn't be avoided...
Teacher, "Find your name."
Lukas, "They forgot me."
Teacher, "James, it is right here."
Lukas looks at the name and turns, "Whose name is that??"

We have tried really hard to work on him learning his FULL name and when you ask him his "full name" he says "James Lukas Bagshaw" but he doesn't understand why people think they can call him "James"-
"My name is Lukas!"
His teacher was super nice and went and grabbed a piece of paper, "I make a list of things like this so I don't forget."
Oh he won't let you forget!

Yep, I totally teared up... MaKynzee did the entire lay on the ground and kick her feet tantrum. She wanted to stay at school with "my Lukas."

I left the house with my son and came home with a pine cone. Yeah that's fair.

Lukas said he didn't want us to be alone.

1 comment:

amber schmidt said...

Love the play by play! You aren't alone on the name thing! I got the letters before school to Philipp so when the teacher called the week before I was sure to tell her he goes by Landon. But, everything says Landen with an "e" instead of Landon! I'm sure it will happen every year.... Can't wait to see you this weekend!