Family

Family

Sunday, March 28, 2010

What did I get done this week?

WOW! I look around my house and the clutter is mounting and the clothes are piled high. I sigh and take a look around again and see my husband playing with Lukas and MaKynzee helping me with dinner and I realize...everything is perfect. I look back over the week and see working 4 out of 5 days in the beginning of the week drains me and my kids....

First day home I attempt to clean but shouts of "Mommy play with me?" echo in my ears and I sigh again and find my little people waiting with eyes wide and hearts filled...their mommy is home. I crawl around in tents, get slaughtered in cowboy/ Indians and try my hardest to find a dress up that fits...but the smiles silent my quiet calls of "can't I just clean today!" I find myself making another fort and peering out see breakfast and lunch dishes still on the table...oh well... princess needs her horse and Lukas needs a hero. On and on I play for three days...I think if anyone sees my house they would run...Spencer smiles when he comes home and sees I am tired but the house is still disoriented..."Did you get to play today?"

You see I might not be the best house keeper but I have learned a very hard lesson....the house can wait, the dishes can sit, the laundry can pile high cause my babies don't care if we have to run in our underware...they just know their mommy played. I am NOT trying to toot my own horn! I am just trying to share a special thing I learned...my dishes did get done and we are not in our underware so I still got things done but I made the greatest choice to put it all LAST! So look at your babies wherever they are and think when was the last time you put it "ALL" last and just "played"?

5 comments:

Team Jogan said...

Thanks for sharing :) It can be a hard lesson to learn... but also the best one.

MAH said...

This so true! Kids grow up way too fast to let it pass by worrying about how "clean" things are. Thanks for sharing!

Taylor Family said...

That is definitely a good point! Thanks!

Rose Ann and David said...

You go girl! Nice to know you learning sooner rather than later. It still would be nice to have a clean house though! Maybe some little fairies could come and help out! We can only hope! Hee Hee Love ya!

Rose Ann and David said...

OK so I didn't peruse my comment before posting. Should be you're instead of you on the nice to know part! Keep Smiling! Love ya!