Family

Family

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oh Dear things I "love" about my kids and Good old SERVICE

Yep that's right the kids got a hold of the butter. It was just sitting out the 5 weeks they were gone (not the same butter but butter in general) and then just one morning and BAM my butter became the newest sculpture. I couldn't find any other evidence which scared me but then I found a towel that was totally greasy. Ah, well at least they cleaned up after themselves.

Next MaKynzee got to thoroughly enjoy her doughnut and then try to attack her mommy.



Anyway you gotta love them. Lukas has had some fun of his own but we have had to much fun enjoying them being back that I can't really complain.


So the other day we went to GG's (Spencer's Grandma Burgess) to rake leaves. We all had such a ball and I was able to help. When I was mowing the lawn I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with a sense of service and love. That is something I am grateful for from my Dad. He instilled something so amazing in me, a desire and love to do service. I am so grateful for my testimony of service. When you do something for someone else your load seems lighter, or whatever you need seems to come. As I was mowing the lawn and thinking about my Dad, I just wanted to tell him and all of you how much I love him, I am so grateful for ALL that he has taught me and all the love he gives me. He has been a rock for our family and I am grateful for the strength of his example. Love you daddy.

Here are some fun pictures...


My babies and our leaf pile.


Lukas being beyond cute!!


GG helped the kiddos bury me and we had lots of fun.
It was a perfect fall day with the family.

3 comments:

amber schmidt said...

That looks so fun!!

MAH said...

Your kids are so cute. They must get that from you. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

brittna said...

hey B- I made a blog for grandma - bowenshmowen.blogspot.com. check it out it's cute - hopefully she'll actually do it
-B