Family

Family

Monday, August 29, 2011

Where the wedding are we??



So what happened to July and August? Well I know where July went, it went to getting my sisters wedding flowers and decor done. It was so much fun but maybe a little more stress than I thought. She finally met her prince charming and I wanted to make everything perfect. This was her perfect fairy tale wedding.


Now for those of you who just don't know my sister, I have not seen her smile in a very long time. Life has not been easy but Prince Charming finally found the Princess of his dreams...

Words do not express how much I LOVE this picture. My sister is back, her smile is beaming and everyone around her can feel that love.


The siblings...Me, Melanie, Garrett, Christina



The whole Bowen Clan...ok not really we are missing Arik, he was on a fire. I think I might photo shop him in...see the big hole between my sister and I...yep that is Arik's spirit making sure he had some room.




The first dance...

I cried alot. More happiness than I could handle in one day!

...

...


Later at our family reunion Spencer took pictures for Mr and Mrs Service.



I had researched poses for a while to make sure we didn't miss anything. This was my favorite to display the wedding rings. Ahh AMOR!



My absolute FAVORITE photo from the shoot. That Bride is GORGEOUS! That couple PERFECT. And they have begun their happily ever after...




Now as we traveled back from Arizona to Utah for the family reunion AND true to Bowen tradition we could not all get there in one piece without drama. In fact I believe the Lord took this time to teach me a pretty important lesson or maybe lessonS...I said the prayer that morning that we would all get there safe and our cars would function properly...BUT...we broke down in the middle of NOWHERE Arizona...about 50 miles from page on I80A.


MaKynzee enjoying "dinner": leftover wedding food ie fruit, cheese, crackers. The view was amazing but no one could find the really pretty rock formation by mile marker 526!



So we broke down about 5 pm. Called progressive and about an hour later on the phone they said they had a tow truck on the way. Too bad they sent it to mile marker 526 on I80 not I80A!! Anyway so we waited around some more and tried to find where we were....but no man knoweth! We finally got the tow truck guy to call progressive and tell them HE knew where we were because he knew I80A. Anyway about 10:30pm we got to ride on the bed of a tow truck. Spencer got to ride in the cab but the kids and I and my sisters maid of honor got the "honor" of riding in the van. This was what we saw for 55 miles...


For the rest of the story you will have to read my blog. I am going to do the FULL, unedited version there maybe in a week or so.

Anyway I think the lessonS the Lord wanted to teach was...

1. Patience, enjoy his beautiful creations

2. This is HIS plan, NOT mine

3. All the money I have is HIS

4. He can take our/ His money whenever he wants, however he wants.


Yes we arrived at the family reunion a day late, lots of dollars short and at 2AM!


No comments: