Family

Family

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day, Pondering the Past

So this last Monday was Memorial Day and I couldn't help but think of two great men that are no longer in this life. The first my Grandpa Sellers. I sure miss him. I was thinking about Flaming Gorge and how he took us around on his boat and was always happy fishing. I remember every breakfast was toast dipped in his hot chocolate, oh and SPAM. He would always call me his best eater. He served in the arm forces and I am very proud to have such a remarkable man in my life. I was also thinking about Grandpa Burgess who passed just last year. He always had so much fun with Lukas, they had a ball. There is this great big ball that they had fun playing with for hours. He would sit on the ground and let Lukas crawl all over him. He also served in the armed forces. The first time I met him he whispered in my ear that I was going to marry Spencer and he (Spencer) was lucky. I will never forget his hard work and kindness towards everyone.

I was looking through pictures and found some cute ones so I am posting them. Some are new and some are old but they mean so much to me. I am so grateful for my family and I can't help but think about the wonderful people in my life that are helping me and my family to be the best we can. I thank you!

The picture with Spencer proposing was taken in Denver at my best friend's wedding just this spring. Talk about memory lane, everything was so different.

2 comments:

amber schmidt said...

Cute pics! I am so glad that we know that the seperation from those we love is just temporary =).

amy said...

hey i TAGGED you, just do the little survey thingy i have on mine.